Last week, a friend of mine came to me to ask for my help in finding the best hygrometers in the market. As we were scouring the web for hygrometer reviews, we listed ten of the best hygrometers we came across with.
But before we go deeper into our product reviews, let us first talk about the significance and the benefits of having the best hygrometer. Hygrometers help a lot in measuring humidity in the atmosphere.
If you have a garden or a house garage, having a hygrometer will be very useful because it helps you determine whether it is time for you to start running water through your pipes so you can make sure that your garage doesn’t get too cold or your garden to get too hot.
It is so important for everyone to keep our environment’s atmosphere balanced. Hygrometers play a vital role in letting us know whether our place is way too humid or way too moist.
Best Hygrometers Reviews
There are, in fact, lots of good hygrometers being sold both online and in physical stores. However, not all can actually fit your needs especially when you are looking for a specific product that possesses everything that you are looking for. To help you decide which product is best for you, here are ten of the best hygrometers we found:
1. ThermoPro TP50 Digital Hygrometer Indoor Thermometer Humidity Monitor with Temperature Humidity Gauge
The ThermoPro TP50 is one of our most favorite hygrometers. One of the things we like about this product is that it is so easy to use anywhere. Since it comes with a small fold-out stand, you can keep it on the table or on a nightstand. It also comes with a magnet on its back, so you can just stick it on the wall or on your refrigerator door.
Another thing that makes this product good is the fact that it is small in size. That means you can easily store it away without taking too much of your space. It also has large fonts, so even when you’re a few meters away from it, you can still see or read the numbers.
Unfortunately, although there have been people who have said the ThermoPro TP50 is accurate when reading temperature, there have also been some users who have reported that it is not. Some say that their hygrometer always reports humidity at 20% below the exact reading. Some have also complained that its range does not reset every 24 hours and that they have to remove the battery in order to get it reset. Hence, if accuracy is what matters to you, this product may not satisfy you in that area. However, it is not that bad when it comes to its price since it is very affordable.
- Thermometer hygrometer with temperature and humidity monitor; Room thermometer displays in fahrenheit or celsius
- Humidity Meter with humidity level icon indicates air conditions -- DRY/COMFORT/WET
- Hygrometer digital thermometer displays high and low temperature & humidity records
- Totally wireless tabletop and magnet-mountable design; Powered by AAA battery (included)
- Ensure proper indoor humidity control has important skin, allergen and other health benefits; 5 Years Warranty and ThermoPro US Based Customer Service (Phone & Email) 5 Days a Week
2. AcuRite 00613 Humidity Monitor with Indoor Thermometer, Digital Hygrometer and Humidity Gauge Indicator
Another cool product that we really like is the AcuRite 00613 Humidity Monitor. This comes with an indoor thermometer, a digital hygrometer, and a humidity gauge indicator. What we like most about this product is that it does not only tell you the current humidity level, but it also shows the high and low reading for both humidity and temperature.
Moreover, although this product says that it is more of an indoor hygrometer, you can actually also use it outdoors. For example, if you go camping and you want to make sure that you are in a place where the temperature is balanced, you can just bring this product with you. You can mount it on a wall or anything metal since it has magnets on its back.
Unlike the previous product, this hygrometer is able to display the range of humidity and temperature over a 24-hour period in small numbers. It can help you easily determine which spot in your home or in your workplace is cooling and which one is not.
There isn’t a lot of disadvantages when getting this product. People who have purchased it only complained about one thing, and that is not being able to return it when it is faulty or not working. There are some who have reported that their hygrometer is not reading the accurate temperature and humidity level which is why they want it to exchange it. However, manufacturers have told them they couldn’t actually do that.
- Measures indoor temperature (Fahrenheit or Celsius) and humidity
- Humidity level icon indicates high, low, or ideal indoor conditions
- Daily high and low temperature and humidity records
- Totally wireless tabletop and magnet-mountable design. Powered by (1) AA battery (not included)
- Includes limited 1 year warranty as well as access to our knowledgeable US-based customer service team
One of these advantages is its accuracy. Many people who have tried it have proven this product to be consistently accurate. You can test it by comparing and contrasting multiple humidors. Some have tried to set up two or more of this product to see whether they detect or read the same exact temperature and humidity level.
Nevertheless, there are still some who have reported that when they do a salt test, the humidity level is always a few degrees lower than expected. That means they do not find the reading entirely accurate.
In our opinion, this may have something to do with the difficulty in reading the humidors. The screen is a little too dark and does not have LED lights which usually makes it easier to read the temperature.
- Advanced humidity sensor maintains accuracy to +/- 1%
- Pre-calibrated out of the box + User recalibrate-able
- Three day high/low & averages for humidity & temperature
- Secure magnetic mount
- Battery included
4. SensorPush Wireless Thermometer / Hygrometer for iPhone / Android – Humidity & Temperature Smart Sensor with Alerts
Another product that you will surely want to get is the SensorPush Wireless Thermometer/Hygrometer for iPhone and Android. Not only do we think this product is great, but some other users have also proven it to be very good.
What makes this product unique and special is the fact that it comes with an app that you can use on your iPhone or your Android phone. You can easily connect it and it will work right away. Most people who have purchased this product have said that it is very easy to calibrate. And you actually do not even have to calibrate it that much since it will automatically give you the accurate temperature and humidity level.
Furthermore, you will surely like the fact that with this product, you can easily track the temperature and humidity of a certain location, for example, your room, by the hour, day, week or even year. And when you have set a certain humidity, the app will notify you when the humidity level gets lower than it.
There are some users who have complained about waiting so long to load the data in the app. However, the good thing about this product is that when you have troubles or issues with it, you can easily contact their tech support. They are very responsive and they will always make sure to help you.
- Flexible: Add a SensorPush G1 WiFi Gateway (sold separately) for data and alerts via the Internet
- Powerful range: For use all around the house. Up to 325' in ideal conditions (no obstructions)
- Designed with you in mind: Beautifully designed apps for Apple iOS and Android make monitoring easy
- Accurate: Swiss-made sensing component provides reliable, accurate measurements
- Set it and forget it: Pushes readings to devices via Bluetooth 4.0 and alerts you if there's a problem
Our next favorite hygrometer in the market is the Quality Importers HygroSet II Round Digital Hygrometer for Humidors. What we like most about this product is that it is so simple that you can just easily calibrate it. It comes with an instruction that can help you do that, but to be honest, you can just set it up yourself.
Just like the other previous products, this one comes with a magnet that you can use to attach or mount it on any walls. It glues very strongly to anything and if you want to move it, you can also easily do that.
Another thing that got us interested in this product is its 10-second refresh rate. For us, this is already fast. Hence, if you are not satisfied with the result the first time, you can refresh it to make sure it is accurate.
Despite that, however, there are some people who have reported it to be inaccurate. They said that the ones they got did not accurately read both the temperature and the humidity levels. You do not have to worry though. If you got a faulty product, it is most likely due to a factory defect and their manufacturers are always willing to replace it.
- Easy-set calibration instructions
- Humidity accuracy +/- 2-percent from 20-percent to 90-percent
- Temperature accuracy +/- 1 degree
- 10 Second refresh rate
- Note: the hygroset ii round is not compatible with exterior mount humidor models
6. Ambient Weather WS-10 Wireless Indoor/Outdoor 8-Channel Thermo-Hygrometer with Three Remote Sensors
Here is another best hygrometer we think you will definitely love. The Ambient Weather WS-10 wireless indoor and outdoor thermo-hygrometer is very simple to use and to read. It includes three remote thermometer-hygrometers and has five extra sensors that will allow you to conduct a more comprehensive monitoring. What is great about these sensors is that you can find out what the readings are in different locations whenever you need or want it.
Moreover, its console displays both the temperature and humidity level, as well as the minimum and maximum temperature and humidity. What you will like about this feature is that you can just manually reset it. You will also like about it is its audible and visual alarms. When the temperature and the humidity exceed the minimum and maximum level you have preset for it, the console will alarm or notify.
Lastly, this product is a bit pricey compared to the previous ones and for every sensor, you will need two AAA batteries in order for it to function. However, it is still worth the price because of all the good features that come with it. We think that if you need a hygrometer for different locations, this product is absolutely perfect for you.
- Simple to read, simple to use, and affordable, the WS-10 includes an indoor thermo-hygrometer inside the console, and three remote thermometer-hygrometer sensors (F007TH), which are all displayed at the same time.
- The display console can remotely read and update up to eight remote thermo-hygrometer sensors.
- The console includes audible and visual alarms when temperature and humidity exceed your pre-set minimum and maximum alarm settings.
- The WS-10 includes three remote thermometer-hygrometers, and five additional sensors can be added (F007TH, F007TP, F007T, F007PF) for comprehensive monitoring.
- The console displays temperature and humidity, minimum and maximum temperature and humidity, which can be manually reset.
The Xikar Round Digital Hygrometer is another product that may suit your needs especially when you or people you live or work with smoke a lot of cigars. It is more affordable than the previous product although it costs a bit more than the standard analog models.
When looking for the best hygrometer, we always want to find out first whether it is to calibrate or set up. Some products do not include instructions because they are actually easy to calibrate according to your desired temperature or humidity level. With this hygrometer, however, you may find it complicated at first, but if you follow the instructions that come with it, you will eventually get it to your desired humidity.
There are some people who have reported that this product does not accurately read the temperature and humidity level. They have tested it with other products and they said that it took them a long time to get the most accurate reading. We do think that this only happens in the beginning, and for its price, it is not actually that bad.
- A protective sheath that separates the battery from the contacts, this needs to be removed before use or it will not work
8. AcuRite 02027 Color Weather Station with Temperature and Humidity Monitor, Weather Forecaster – Dark Theme
Another product you will surely get interested in is the AcuRite 02027 Color Weather Station that has both a temperature and a humidity monitor, as well as a weather forecaster. It shows a daily high and low data and an all-time high and low records that include a time stamp. If you lived in a place where DST (Daylight Saving Time) exists, this product will also be beneficial to you as it includes an intelli-time clock that automatically adjusts to it.
Furthermore, we think that another feature you will like is its highly-visible display. With this, you can easily read the temperature and humidity level and see whether it is giving you the accurate reading or you still need to calibrate it.
For some people who have already tried this product, they have found the sensors and the forecasts to be very accurate especially when the outdoor sensor is placed correctly. However, they also reported that as time went by and the longer they used the product, the outdoor sensors seemed to deteriorate until it stopped transmitting accurate temperature and humidity level.
Finally, you may think that this product is a bit more expensive than the other products in this list. However, for a hygrometer that does not only measure humidity and temperature but also shows a weather forecast, this is still, in fact, a good product for anyone.
- Patented Self-Calibrating Forecasting pulls data from a sensor in your backyard
- Daily high/low data and all time high/low records with time stamp
- Intelli-Time clock automatically adjusts for Daylight Saving Time
- Wireless range of up to 330 feet (100 meters)
- Tabletop design and attractive color display make it the perfect weather station for your desk or countertop
Here is another product by AcuRite that you will definitely like. The AcuRite Indoor Humidity Monitor comes in a pack of two and is very affordable compared to the previous product. Some of its features include measuring indoor temperature, both in Fahrenheit and Celsius, as well as humidity. Its humidity level icon shows high, low, and ideal indoor conditions while its temperature indicates both high and low.
Moreover, if you wish to measure the temperature and humidity level of different areas in your home or workplace, this product will be good for you. You can either just place it on a tabletop or mount it on a wall with its magnet, and move it anytime and anywhere you want.
However, when tested by other users, this product has been proven to be fairly accurate. They said that the temperature was always a few degrees lower than the correct temperature. And if adjusted, it took a long time to adjust to the exact temperature level.
Also, there were some people who reported that when they got this product, they found it less durable than the others they had tried. However, since it is actually cheaper than the others, we still think that this product is reasonably priced and its other features make up for it.
- Measures indoor temperature (Fahrenheit or Celsius) and humidity
- Humidity level Icon indicates high, low, or ideal indoor conditions
- Daily high and low temperature and humidity records
- Totally wireless tabletop and magnet-mountable design
- Low battery indicator
The last product in our best hygrometers reviews, but definitely not the least, is the Meade Instruments TMX005X-M Wireless Indoor/Outdoor Thermo Hygrometer. This product is so easy to read even from a far distance since it has a big LCD display. Hence, even when you are on your bed or on your seat and your hygrometer is mounted on the wall or placed on the tabletop across you, you can easily spot the numbers.
Moreover, this product also has a wireless sensor that transmits temperature and humidity data from up to 100-feet away. No matter where you place it, indoor or outdoor, it will easily detect both.
However, there are some users who reported that when they placed the hygrometer in certain areas, it seemed to lose the data. And when this happened, it also took a long time for the product to detect and display the correct reading. They also said that when they compared and contrasted it with others, this product seemed to produce inaccurate readings.
In our opinion, this product is still one of the best. Its price is reasonable enough and it has other features that are actually useful.
- Jumbo LCD display for easy readings from across the room
- Wireless sensor transmits temperature and humidity data from up 100-feet away
- Main display receives data from up to 3 sensors; other 2 sold separately
- Toggles display from temperature to humidity bold digits for easy reading of both
- Memory for minimum and maximum recorded data such as temperature highs and lows
Whichever of these best hygrometers you are going to choose, we are sure that it will help you a lot in maintaining the humidity and the temperature of your home or workplace at a good level. We hope that our best hygrometers reviews have, by far, helped you in making your final decision. Let us know what you got and share with us your thoughts!
If you liked this article, please do not hesitate to click the ‘like’ button and share this review article with your friends. Furthermore, if you have any questions, suggestions or recommendations, feel free to leave your thoughts in the comment section below. Thank you so much!
best digital hygrometers
best rated hygrometers
the best hygrometers for humidors
best cigar hygrometers
best buy hygrometers
best humidor hygrometers
best analog hygrometers
best hygrometers for humidors
best hygrometers for acoustic guitars
best home hygrometers
best indoor hygrometers