If you are looking for the best tool cabinet, congratulations because you are in a right place. I just finished the tool cabinet reviews last week with the top 10 products available on the market. And the reason why I did it is due to my brother.
He visited my home and asked me for helping him find a new toolbox. His old one was full, and he sometimes met some troubles while hunting items. Instantly, I suggested him to search for the tool cabinet which is known as a great solution for simple storage and easy portability.
Since you’re here, I know you have the same request like my brother. So, down here to select the right products for your demands now!
Best Tool Cabinets Quick Comparison
Top 10 Best Tool Cabinet Reviews and Buyer Guides
The first thing that I notice the Akro-Mils 10144 is its affordable tag. The price of about $30 truly makes it the best tool cabinet for the money.
The next feature that I think it’s totally suitable for those who need to arrange small parts of their home, office or garage is the number of drawers. There are 12 large ones to store big tools like wrenches or screwdrivers and 32 smaller ones for small items such as washers, nails, or screws. In addition, if you want to save the area, you can hang this cabinet on a wall thanks to its keyholes on back.
Although the finger-grip drawers allow an easy access, you should be careful while moving because the items in the drawers might spill out.
- Made in the USA
- Rugged, high-impact polystyrene frame can be stacked or wall mounted
- 12 virtually unbreakable drawers, 4-3/8-inch by 2-inch by 5-1/4-inch
- Also 32 virtually unbreakable drawers, 2-1/8-inch by 1-1/2-inch by 5-1/4-inch
- Rugged, high-impact polystyrene frame
- Drawer dividers molded into back of cabinet
- 12 virtually unbreakable 4-3/8-inch by 2-inch by 5-1/4-inch Large drawers
- Also, 32 virtually unbreakable 2-1/8-inch by 1-1/2-inch by 5-1/4-inch Small drawers
To be honest, the red color of the Best Choice Products Portable Top Chest Rolling Tool Storage Box Cabinet attracts me first. And the next thing I rather enjoy is its portability.
With two separate sections including the cabinet and chest box, you easily lift the top chest if you want. Meanwhile, the bottom is designed with wheels so that you can roll it across your garage floor. Of course, the casters will be locked in place to avoid slipping.
The 10 drawers of this best tool box cabinet come in different sizes. This allows you to store any kind of tools without worrying. Especially, the top chest has a lock and keys for security.
Although the Best Choice Products boasts that its product has a sturdy construction, some complain of dimples and dents on its surface. To me, these issues are inconsiderable as compared with its functionality.
- MULTIPLE STORAGE DRAWERS: Equipped with (1) top box drawer, (3) small drawers, (2) trays, (3) large drawers, & (1) big bottom cabinet
- SECURE AND SAFE: Drawers and trays lined with a foam material mat perfect for absorbing oils; top unit comes with lock and keys for extra security
- MULTI-FUNCTIONAL: Tool chest & cabinet come in 2 pieces to allow you to use them separately or together
- SOLID CONSTRUCTION: Crafted with durable steel and complete with (4) omni-directional casters and a side handle for easy movement
- Combined Tool Box Dimensions: 23.5"(L) x 13"(W) x 42.5"(H); Total Weight Capacity: 295 lbs.
Next on the line of the best tool chest cabinet, I found the Excel TB2201X-Black. With 4 storage compartments and a top tray, it will be okay if you don’t have too many items to store.
Although I prefer the product with more than 5 drawers, this unit features the ball bearing slides that allow a smooth movement and easy access to the items inside.
Similar to the cabinet from the Best Choice Products, this model is equipped with sturdy casters so that you can move it to anywhere you want. In addition, the external locking bar for both the top tray and drawers gives an absolute safety.
My brother was interested in the black finish of the Excel TB2201X-Black because he thought it might be a great addition to his garage.
- Powder Coat Paint For Superior Scratch And Chemical Resistance
- Large Hinged Compartment Storage
- Four 3-In X 1-In Casters; 2 Fixed And 2 Swivel With Locks For Mobility And Convenience
- Four ball bearing slide drawers with aluminum drawer pulls
- Powder-coat paint finish or improved scratch and chemical resistance
- Caster wheels make for easy maneuverability around the work space
- Multiple drawers and trays for ample tool storage
- Sturdy steel construction
4. International VRB-4211OR 42-Inch 11 Drawer Orange Tool Cabinet with Heavy Duty Ball Bearing Drawer Slideswith Adjustable Shelves
With the price of over $500, the International VRB-4211OR might make you think twice. But, you are guaranteed to receive the high-quality product amongst the top 10 best tool storage cabinets. So, which features makes it best?
To me, the first thing is that this unit is quite lightweight. Of course, it’s sturdy, too.
Don’t worry if you put any item that might weigh up to 120lbs for each drawer because everything will be fine. And you never meet troubles while sliding it thanks to the ball bearing drawer slides.
Well, I also recognize that 4 heavy-duty casters play an important part in bearing a heavy force as well as allowing me to move it on any terrain with ease. What’s more, the exterior of the International VRB-4211OR is eye-catching with an orange color. Plus, it boasts a rust-resistant cover with a full-chrome side handle, ensuring the durability.
- The 45mm ball bearing drawer slides with strong detent to prevent drawers from accidentally opening
- 5-Inch by 2-Inch Heavy Duty Casters secured to a reinforced undercarriage; 2 swivel, 2 fixed
- All drawers come equipped with pre cut drawer liners
- Full length brushed aluminum drawer trim
- Aluminum corner trim provides added protection
At the fifth position, I want to talk about the Seville Classics UltraHD 6-Drawer Rolling Cabinet. If you need a good-looking tool storage for your home workshop, this product will be a good solution.
Additionally, this best tool cabinet under 500 features a well-built design with a sturdy hardwood top that can serve as any working space with a convenient reach for the tools. What’s more, the 4 heavy-duty wheels at the bottom are used for moving the cabinet from one point to another.
When it comes to the number of drawers, I think 6 are okay. Plus, I rather enjoy its chrome handle push bar as it allows me an easy access to the inside. Especially, I can lock all the drawers with one key thanks to its locking system.
- Dimensions: 28 x 24 x 34.5 Inches
- Heavy-duty stainless steel doors with key lock security. Powder coated steel body
- Includes 1 height-adjustable shelf. 0.75 Inch thick solid hardwood work surface
- 5 Inch heavy-duty wheels (2 locking). Loading Capacity: 300 lbs, Weight: 105 lbs
- Great for the garage, warehouse, mailroom, and work center
Viper Tool Storage is known as the best tool cabinet brand for its convenience and durability. Amongst its product, I found the beast of the V4109BLR that is totally fit for professional or even home use.
The first thing that I liked is all about its versatile design. With 9 drawers, you can arrange any tools no matter what size or type they are. Wonderfully, its ball bearing slides offer an easy glide and even an effortless drawer remover.
The second thing is certainly its impressive exterior, the black color with silver handles. Besides, this product highlights the high-quality 18G steel, providing long-lasting durability and strength. And its lifetime warranty is a plus that fortifies your guarantee while buying it.
Though the price of the Viber Tool Storage V4109BLR makes me hesitant a bit.
- Built tough from 18G steel
- 100 LB rated full extension ball bearing drawer slides
- Cam lock
- Powder coated finish
- Extruded aluminum drawer pulls and one side handle
- Limited lifetime warranty
If you’re interested in the above model from the Seville Classics, but want more storage, try looking at the Seville Classics UltraHD 12-Drawer Rolling Workbench. The 12 drawers on the right, left and middle with different widths are ideal for storing a large range of tools. In addition, they come with two key locks for security and convenience.
Similar to the UltraHD 6-Drawer, this unit boasts a heavy-duty and sturdy hardwood on the top. Since this wooden top is moisture-resistant, it helps to protect the tools from rust and keep in in the best condition.
With the greatest features, the Seville Classics UltraHD 12-Drawer is ranked into the best tool cabinet under 1000. So, if your budget is prosperous, you should consider this unit because it’s nice, spacious, and durable.
- Dimensions: 72"W x 20"D x 37.5"H (excludes push handles) / Weight: 317 lbs.
- Heavy Duty All Steel Frame Construction
- 12 Drawers / Drawers Include Rubber-Padded Liners
- Stainless Steel Door with Lock
- 5" Heavy Duty Wheels - 2 locking, 2 stationary
8. Waterloo Shop Series 5-Drawer Tool Cabinet, Red Finish, 26″ W – Designed, Engineered and Assembled in the USA
The Waterloo Shop Series 5-Drawer is another best tool cabinet on the market that is ideal for keeping medium and small-sized tools. Or if you want more storage, it’s okay to get the chest and cabinet combo since this product features 4 sturdy wheels that can hold up to 500lbs. Besides, they provide a lower risk of damage when moving through uneven or rough terrain.
Of course, this unit is secured by the locking system like the others. But, the most interesting thing is that there are two keys so that you don’t worry about losing one in any case.
Generally, everything seems okay. Though, I’m not interested in the full-extension friction drawer slides. I think that the ball bearing slides help to open the drawers easily.
- Designed, Engineered and Assembled in the USA
- Full-extension friction drawer slides support 25 lbs. per drawer
- Keyed external lock bar secures property
- Sturdy 4" x 2" casters support 500 lbs.
- 1 year limited warranty protects against defects
In my opinion, the Homak BL04011410 is an indispensable drawer rolling cabinet for professional or even a handyman. Not only does this best tool storage cabinet offer a variety of drawers but also features its 390mm ball bearing slides. That’s why this cabinet can slide in and out without having any difficulty.
Since each drawer is able to carry up to 88lbs, you are free to hold all your items. Of course, you can move this cabinet with ease thanks to its heavy-duty wheels. And don’t worry about collapse because each wheel comes with a fantastic weight capacity of 330lbs.
Although your tools are always secure since this cabinet is equipped with the high-safety tubular locking system, I found that the lock design is a bit tough to open.
- High security tubular locking system
- Full length solid aluminum drawer handles
- Drawer liners and top mat included
- Four 5-inch x 2-inch casters, two casters swivel with wheel brake and two are fixed
- 11 drawer rolling cart
Lastly, I have the Handyman Heavy Duty Steel Toolbox. This product is typically a blend of a chest and cabinet with the 10 drawers for storing like the model from the Best Choice Products. That means you can use them separately or together if you want.
I prefer to avail both because I can take full advantage of all the storage compartments for my items. In addition, this unit features 4 multi-directional wheels, allowing me to move it easily and smoothly. Especially, two of these wheels are equipped with locks that help to keep the cabinet steady.
With the great features and the economical price, I think that the Handyman Heavy Duty Steel Toolbox is the best value tool cabinet. Though, I recognized that some users feel unsatisfied with the appearance of dents and complain of the flimsy construction.
- Equipped with 1 top box drawer, 3 small drawers, 2 trays, 3 large drawers, and 1 big bottom cabinet
- Drawers and trays include a foam material mat that can absorb oil and help keep your tools in place
- Tool chest and cabinet come in 2 pieces that allow you to use them separately or together
- Top tool chest unit comes with a lock and keys for security when you're away
- Side handle and 4 Omni-directional wheels make this unit easy to move around smoothly
Those are my top tool cabinet reviews that you can easily find and buy one for yourself. Just remember that all the units here definitively meet your buying standards and have all you want in the tool cabinet. And what you MUST do now is to decide which product is ideal and then ORDER it now.
Back to selecting the best tool cabinet, my brother and I decided to pick up the Best Choice Products Portable Top Chest Rolling Tool Storage Box Cabinet. Although this unit easily gets dents and look flimsy, my brother prefers a variety of drawers because he can store all of his tools. In addition, its price is quite ideal for his budget.
What do you think? Just share it by leaving your comments below. Don’t be shy because I’m always here to help you do the right thing. And if you think this article is useful, please share it now.
Thanks for reading, anyway!
craftsman tool cabinet
tool chest home depot
tool chest costco
rolling tool cabinet
lowes tool chest
used tool chest for sale
snap on tool chest
rolling tool cart
- Best Hand Trucks Reviews
- Best Rotary Tools Reviews 2017 - Accomplish Your Workpieces With The Most Versatile Tool
- Best Solar Flood Lights Reviews