Inversion Table For Sciatica
Your lower back includes some sciatic nerves which run down your legs and feet. If the nerve gets inflamed, or you feel painful in some ways, this may be considered sciatica. In addition to a few simple exercises, you can practice mitigating the pain; an inversion table for sciatica is also useful for you.
With the aid of this therapy, the pain can be released and you will get better day by day. But how to use an inversion table for sciatica properly? This article will provide you some instructions to get the best result.
Inversion Table – The Best Pain Relief For Sciatica Sufferers
To the best of my knowledge, the most effective way to alleviate sciatica and backache is inversion therapy. When you hang yourself upside down, the gravity forces will come in handy to soothe your pain in sciatic nerve.
Also, the inversion means gravity takes control and thus eases your back compression and other back-related issues. So inversion therapy treatments can remarkably improve sciatica symptoms.
Different from other equipment for inversion, those using inversion tables don’t have to hang themselves right upside down but can adjust the appropriate inverting angles for various comfort levels. On using an inversion table for sciatica treatment, just like when you take up any new workout or activity, you must start slowly first.
Be aware of following your doctor’s counsels and your workout schedule in order not to make any further injuries. The proper usage of an inversion therapy can bring about a myriad of benefits for those suffering from all different health issues.
I highly recommend that sciatica sufferers should consult their doctor for advice on using the inversion table so that they can get the best result from alleviating sciatica. As an enervating health issue, sciatic nerve pain can have an extremely negative influence on your life quality. Thus, in getting rid of such awful symptoms and making you more flexible, a sciatica inversion table is the best option.
Place Your Inversion Table In An Open Space
The price of an inversion table is between 200$ and 500$, which can be affordable for almost people.You can find the best inversion table in our previous review. These are very popular on the market.
Before you make a decision to buy an inversion table, you have to consider your space of your room. You should not place it near any object which can cause the injuries. The best place you should place is on the secured rug or a mat in order that the table cannot slide.
- You can place the inversion table in your attic, the rec room, the basement or the garage. These places need to be five feet of the space which are around your inversion table at least.
- This therapy of using an inversion table has existed for a long time. It was commented on by Hippocrates in the year of 400BC.
Adjust The Inversion Table To Your Height
Well, it is advised that you should spend your time on adjusting the height of the inversion table so that it will fit your body. This will make you feel comfortable most.
Most of the products feature a bar which allows you to adjust the height by twisting the knob. Remember to tighten the knob after finishing adjusting.
- Remember to read the guides carefully because some kinds of this product are not suitable for the exceptionally short or tall people.
- The inversion therapy is one kind of the spinal traction which help decompress the injuries of the spinal disc, for example, the bulges and herniation.
Start With The Lowest Degrees Of Inclination
The inversion table can be thought as a small bed which you can adjust around 60 degrees from the neutral position. In the case of not getting used to this tool, you can start practice with the slight decline.
For example, you can adjust about just 10 degrees. If you practice with the large angle too soon, you can feel dizzy or a headache.
When getting used to the feeling along with the changing of your blood flow or the pressure, let’s increase the degrees of the angle. For instance, you can increase 5 degrees every one week.
Check the safety strap carefully to make sure that the strap won’t invert as well as jar the body.
Climb Onto The Table Slowly And Secure Your Feet
After adjusting the suitable height and setting the angle, put your back on the table and look up at the ceiling. You also should prepare the partial sit-up as well as a comfortable pair of shoes.
Now let’s place your hands on your head, lower your weight and recline the table. Relax in this position for a period of time which is predetermined.
- After hanging the tool, have someone supervise you when practicing with the inversion table. If you are a large person, this is also important.
- You can feel the stretch of the muscles, ligaments, joints, tendons but there are no pains. If the pain in your back is from the compressed nerve or the jammed spinal joint, the help of the inversion table is so effective and efficient.
Increase The Frequency And Duration Of Your Sessions Gradually
You can determine the angle you can practice with and how long you should spend time on this tool. You can spend 15 minutes for every time you practice with inversion table and practice 3 sessions every week and maybe more if you prefer.
If this method makes you feel better, then remember that you should not spend over 3 times a day and over 1 hour for each time.
- On the first time, you should not keep the inverted position over 5 minutes, even when it does not cause any pains or effects. Don’t stay in the fixed position if you feel pain in your back and your legs.
- The suitable angle you should set is the range of 20 and 60 degrees.
The inversion table is considered a good solution to relieve the sciatica pain. We hope that our article will help you learn how to use the inversion table in an effective way and help you quickly get rid of the sciatica pains. Let’s share this article with your friends and your family if you find it useful!